Thursday, May 1, 2008

The stagecoach has arrived in town!


Yes, I admit that I am a bit slower than many others and a tad behind the times, but I am pleased to join the blogging community. So welcome to my very first post on my very first blog!

Who am I? Nobody to most of the world, but in my area I am one of many commercial photographers. I have been shooting for close to 30 years for a wide range of clients and in a wide range of areas, both locally and nationally. Mostly in the U.S. and occasionally internationally.

Commercial photographers in generic terms, are known sometimes as the 'jack of all trades' in professional photography, often shooting a variety of subjects that might be specialties for many others. This loosely used term should not by any means be interpreted that CP's are the 'handyman' of professional shooters. Rather, it is just the opposite. CP's really have a broader range of skills and are accomplished at solving a larger set of photographic problems.

As a commericial photographer I love the variety of assignments that have been offered to me. These have ranged from advertising to product catalogs, sports fashion to industrial annual reports, adventure sports and tons of stock images.

So stay tuned for more posts on the business, photographic techniques, other commercial photographers, and shooting and selling stock images.

1 comment:

shiv said...

After attending your inspiring master class today at GPP,i'm sure i'm going to be hooked to this blog...!