Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ghost Town Window Photography and HDR Part 1


Yes I am back and asking myself: "Why have a blog if you have no time to blog? I dont have an answer other than I am having the busiest summer in years and that is not a bad thing for a commercial photographer in our pending economic collapse. I will have plenty to blog with this fall, but thought I would post something I have been having fun with and it is shooting through windows using HDR techniques.

Here is an image from a ghost town in Montana where I was teaching a workshop 10 days ago. I basically rest my lens against the window and do so carefully, and then shoot a series of bracketed exposures capturing the full tonal range. Then process in Photomatix for this grungy illustrated look. I have tons more and will post more regularly, but first, busy in Colorado for the next week.

Related Posts; Ghost Town Window Photography and HDR Part 2

Books on HDR:




2 comments:

Wyld Willy said...

That is amazing, looks like it's hand illustrated. Very cool technique!

Tbalas said...

This Is wonderful , Wow, way.... grungy ,,,