Friday, December 19, 2008

Command your camera with your voice

As technology continues to amaze me (technologically challenged), I should not be surprised to see another advancement in photography that only a few years would have only been an idea. Software has been developed that allows us to talk to our cameras. That's right, voice commands to focus, adjust shutter speeds and fstops, change ISO and more has been developed by a company called Shutter Voice. How practical will it be? I see plenty of options for use today where I might have to hold a scrim because my clients does not have a budget for an assistant. At the moment it is only available for Canon cameras. Clear your throat and speak slowly.

2 comments:

dkgoodman said...

Have you seen this system?

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/11/red-releases-ne.html

Charlie Borland said...

I have not seen the system in person, just the video on their site. Have you tried it?