Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Very Special Holiday Surprise


Wow, was I surprised when I got an email from a dear friend of mine from so long ago. It was a total shock to hear from her, but even more thrilling was to see that she is now in the music industry and a successful jazz singer and recording artist. My friend Aysha and I worked at the YMCA when we were in college, me at Brooks Institute and her at Santa Barbara City College. She was a lifeguard and I was in membership. We had fun with our gang, rock climbing, ski camping in Yosemite, and college partying. As usually happens when it is time to move on, you end up losing touch and that is what happened to us.

Then the surprise email right before Christmas. She found me on the internet and dropped me a note. We have barely had a chance to catch up with the busy Holidays, but I have had time to listen to her music and I really like it. If you like Jazz/R&B you can buy her CD right here.

The incredible photography of Aysha was shot by Hollywood Celebrity photographer Winston Kerr and you can see more of his work here.

Thank you Aysha for getting back in touch, you brightened my Holiday!
Happy New Year to all of you!


No comments: