Saturday, July 25, 2009

Portrait Professional Software: Nice!


I have been shooting quite a few staff photography assignments this year. In fact it seems that is one area that corporate clients are not cutting back. I have always used Photoshop to do my retouching, adding some diffusion and skin softening techniques along with an occasional Eddie Tapp Dream Glow effect to get them all to look smoother and younger-the most common request I get. I have worked some of these steps into some actions to speed up the process but you still have to manually paint on your masks as each head is in a different position. It began to get tedious. I have seen the ads for Portrait Professional and decided to read a few reviews which I found to be all positive so I decided to buy it and give it a try. WOW! What a great program and here are some examples.




First, this program is so easy to use in an easy to follow step by step process.It asks you whether you have a male or female, smiling or not, and you then position lines and mark some points around the face. It creates some sort of invisible mask around eyes and allows you t reshape the head, the eyes, nose, and mouth, neck and more. You can resize and sharpen eyes, eyebrows, mouth, and so much more. You can apply the skin softening in varied levels and paint in where you want more or less.

There is to much here to explain as it is easy to find it on the companies website. Check it out. Very cool, effective, and fast. For lighting Chelsea here, I used a 7' Photoflex Octa Dome about 5' above the floor and a silver reflector below to bounce light up into the shadows. Two umbrellas on the rear wall as well.

Take My Class: Portrait Photography

No comments: