Monday, March 15, 2010

More HDR Fun in Anza Borrego

When I am not on assignment or doing post production on client work and can break away for more than a day, I love traveling and shooting the landscape. Then using all the cool tools and plugins for really messing up an otherwise normal image.

I shot this image in Anza Borego last year on my way back from California. Images that dont have a deadline seem to sit patiently on the hard drive until I get so board with the lack of creativity that each day seems to bring, I decide to look for an image and work on it.

Here is this Agave that I decided to shoot.


Most of the time when I am shooting simply for the joy I will bracket the +2 and -2 so I can try it in HDR with Photomatix. You never know what you will get and I like that aspect. It's the creativity that is missing from many assignments these days.

No brain surgury here, simply processed in Photomatix and Tone Mapped twice to increase the impact.


Books on HDR:

No comments: